Saturday 27 June 2009

Flying High above the Soca Valley


Having spent two days watching a plane take-off, full of people prepared to fling themselves out of the door and fall hurtling towards the ground before opening an umbrella, well parachute. I was just still not sure if I was up to the challenge or not. The fantastic instructor Jason Snailham was doing a great job at giving people the experience of a life-time, and after all he was here for just two days but it just seemed it wasn't for me, maybe next time. I did, however like the idea of the plane ride, through the Stunning Soca valley. So on enquiring about the possibility of this I was assured that sitting in the back of the plane (now void of jumpers) landing again with the door open would not be much fun for a passenger. Never mind, there are other tour planes in the valley. i would get another chance. I would have to make do with a picture from the ground....


Well just before the plane was due to fly onwards to Czech republic I was invited to be a passenger on the test flight which would determine the planes maneuverability within the valley. This in view of a return trip to the valley as a permanent feature and addition to the valleys already awesome selection of extreme sports. Well the flight was incredible and here is just some of what I saw....

The Boka waterfall.....

The Turquoise Soca River....

Gorenje Zaga, the setting for Casa Rosa....

Bovec and the Airfield.

The flight was sensational and with ever moment I was reminded of just how beautiful and unique place the Soca Valley is!

No comments:

Post a Comment